wpDataTables – Tables and Charts Manager
Showing table data from data sources creating wpDataTables from existing data sources
Tables can be created by linking existing files or files from other sources (Excel files, CSV files, Google Spreadsheets, and others). Tables created this way will be read from the data source on every page load, making it easy to update the table; but, when you change the underlying data source to update the table, it will be auto-updated – but it can also slow the page down if the table is large (an exception would be for MySQL-based tables with server-side processing).
Creating tables in WordPress admin creating wpDataTables manually or importing table data to MySQL database
Tables can be created from WordPress admin without pre-defining any data source by describing the table structure and filling in the values in cells manually through an editor. To do this, you can use wpDataTables’ Table Creation Wizard; it also allows importing CSV, Excel, or Google Spreadsheets data to editable wpDataTables. Table data for tables created this way will be stored in the database, will always be editable, and can utilize the benefits of server-side processing.
Table data editing tables from the WordPress back-end and front-end
Tables created with wpDataTables can be configured to be editable from either the WordPress back-end or front-end if they are MySQL based or created manually. There are several ways of editing tables. Tables can be edited through a popup form, inline editing, or Excel-like / Spreadsheet editing. In the documentation sections, you’ll find the necessary details on how to use the editing functionality.
ChartsCreating dynamic charts in WordPress with HighCharts, Chart.js, or Google Charts rendering engines
wpDataTables allows creating dynamic charts in WordPress. Currently, it supports 3 rendering engines: Google Charts, Highcharts (requires a separate license for commercial usage), and Chart.js. Any charts based on wpDataTables data sources can be linked to the table filtering and sorting features to dynamically redraw in the front-end – which is useful for representing numeric data.
Advanced features for displaying table data
wpDataTables isn’t your ordinary table editor. Every table you create can be packed with advanced features of your choosing – features like responsive design, conditional formatting (highlighting), sorting, calculating totals, and more.
Column types and featuresConfiguring columns in wpDataTables
Each column can have its own type, as defined by the differences between the sorting or filtering rules applied. For example, sorting dates are based on completely different rules of logic than is the case for sorting texts. wpDataTables has a built-in autodetect engine that detects the column type when a data source is first read. In most cases, it does so correctly, but you can re-define the column type manually if needed.
Changelog wpDataTables 3.5 – Tables and Charts Manager + Addon
- Feature: Exporting the chart data to CSV, XLS, or HTML table formats in Highcharts.
- Feature: Added Font and Font size options in a simple table.
- Feature: Added a new option for showing HTML code in exported files like Print, Copy, CSV, and Excel.
- Improvement: Removed view of purchase code on the Activation page.
- Improvement: Updated moment.js library.
- BugFix: Fixed layout of the select-box field in edit modal.
- BugFix: Fixed issue with vertical min value in Chartjs.
- BugFix: Fixed issue with attachment field in edit modal.
- BugFix: Fixed issue with rendering charts for lower versions of jQuery.
- Other small bug fixes and stability improvements.
Changelog wpDataTables – Tables and Charts Manager 3.4.4
- BugFix: Fixed issue with Number range slider filter when min and max values are the same.
- BugFix: Fixed issue with translate “nothingSelected” string in select-boxes(in filters and edit modal).
- BugFix: Fixed layout of date, DateTime, and time picker in filters in header and footer when option Scrollable is used.
- BugFix: Fixed layout of the table when the Number range slider filter is in the footer of the table and the Scrollable option is used.
- BugFix: Fixed issue with select-box, multi select-box, and date/time picker overlapping in edit modal when HTML editor is used.
- BugFix: Fixed CSS issue in simple tables on mobile devices.
- BugFix: Fixed issue with changing colors in charts.
- BugFix: Fixed conflict on the back-end with Gravity forms tooltips if Gravity integration add-on is not installed.
- BugFix: Fixed issue with rendering link column in Highcharts.
- BugFix: Removed deprecated function from style_block.inc.php file.