WordPress Real Media Library – Media Categories / Folders File Manager Plugin
Organize uploaded media in folders: A file manager for WordPress
Real Media Library helps you with media management. Organize thousands of uploaded files into folders, collections, and galleries. A real file manager allows you to manage large amounts of files such as pictures, videos, or documents in WordPress. Media library folders for everyone!
Do you want to try Real Media Library before installing? Take a free sandbox and play around!
Complete file and folder manager: Create, rename, move and delete a folder
Drag & Drop your files in folders: Drag & Drop and image to move it into a folder, where you can find other files
Create shortcuts for files: Hold SHIFT and move a file with drag & drop to another folder to create a shortcut
Filter in inserting media dialog: In the WordPress inserting media dialog, you find the folder on the left-hand side to filter your files
Custom image order: Move files per drag & drop to change their order or use some order function e.g., to oder all files of the folder you are currently in by title ascending
Works also great in list-mode: Real Media library with the WordPress media library in list-mode
Advanced upload management: On uploading a file, a modal appears, which shows the current status, remaining time of the upload, and the upload speed
Upload files directly to folders: In the WordPress, media upload dialog, you choose in which folder your file should be uploaded
Create galleries from folder: Create a gallery with the images of one gallery folder in the Gutenberg editor]
Do you want a list of all features? Get it by scrolling down!
Real Media Library is in multiple languages available:
ALL FEATURES OF REAL MEDIA LIBRARY
- WordPress 5.x / Gutenberg ready
- Folder for the WordPress media library
- Drag & Drop your files
- Works great on touch devices
- Create shortcuts of files in multiple folders. Shortcuts do not require physical storage space (0 kb).
- Full control over your folders in one toolbar (create, rename, delete)
- Rearrange folders by drag & drop or by criterium (e.g., name in ascending order)
- Sort folder contents by drag & drop or criteria (e.g., A-Z) automatically or once
- Bulk select folders and delete multiple folders at once
- Filter in the WordPress insert media dialog
- Advanced media library uploader
- Upload files directly to a folder
- Create dynamic galleries from a folder with Gutenberg block or shortcode
- Order folder contents by drag & drop or by criterion (date, name, …)
- Quickly navigate to folders with quick folder search
- Translated into several languages
- Compatible with all major themes, page builders, and many plugins
- Supports WordPress Multisite (each page has its own folder tree)
- GPDR/DSGVO: The plugin does not collect personal data without your consent!
- Import categories/folders from plugins like FileBird, FileBase, Folders, Media Library Assistant, Enhanced Media Library, Media Library Organizer, WordPress Media Library Folders by Mediamatic, Media Library Folders, and more
- Visual Composer
- WPBakery Page Builder
- Divi Builder
- Beaver Builder
- X The Theme
- Justified Image Grid
- Slider Revolution
- WP Slick Slider and Image Carousel
- Essential Grid
- Responsive Gallery Grid
- WP/LR Sync
- Thrive Quiz Builder
- Dark Mode
FULL-FEATURED FILE MANAGER FOR MEDIA MANAGEMENT
Real Media Library is a WordPress plugin that empowers you with advanced media management. With this plugin, you can organize thousands of images, audio, video, and PDF files in your media library into folders. Basically, it is a file manager like Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, but for WordPress.
Why do you need this plugin?
A growing WordPress blog or website means that you add many new media files to your database every day. In a few weeks, your website will be filled with thousands of media files. How will you be able to find one of these files in a flat list? Of course, you can use the WordPress search function and spend a few hours to find a file, but who can remember the names of thousands of files?
Organize your media with ease
This is where the Real Media Library Plugin comes in. With this plugin, you can easily create folders, collections, and galleries for your pictures to organize your media library properly. Next time you’re looking for a file, it’s just a click away in the file manager.
Organizing your blog media files with the Real Media Library plugin is as easy as dragging and dropping them into folders. You can rearrange the order of your files by dragging them around to move the important files to the top of the list for faster access.
Additionally, you can use the Real Media Library plugin to add media galleries into your posts directly from the WordPress ‘New Post’ editor. This allows you to add an entire media folder as a customizable gallery to your WordPress posts.
The Real Media Library is the must-have WordPress plugin for media management, which can save you a lot of time to manage your media files.
Folders, Collections, and Galleries
Folder: A folder can contain any file and collections, but not galleries. To create a subfolder, select a folder from the list and click this button.
Collection: A collection cannot contain files. But you can create other collections and galleries there. The above-mentioned gallery is only a gallery data folder, which is not automatically placed in your frontend (your website). You can create a visual gallery from this gallery data folder using the Gutenberg editor in your page/post.
Gallery: A gallery data folder can only contain images. It is easier for you to distinguish where your visual galleries are located. You can also drag and drop the images into your own image order.
Changelog WordPress Real Media Library 4.15.0 – Media Categories / Folders File Manager
- translation into Danish (CU-w8ftv5)
Changelog WordPress Real Media Library – Media Categories / Folders File Manager 4.13.11
- height of preview image in the list table