WooCommerce Chained Products
Easily create product bundles and combo packs and boost your sales.
Create and sell pre-configured product bundles and discounted combos. Offering a bundle of your products at a lucrative discount is the easiest method to great sales in any store – and research has proven this across a variety of businesses – physical products, digital downloads, or memberships. We have all picked up discounted bundles of products when we go grocery shopping. Even when we don’t want them, we have either bought larger quantities or multiple product bundles.
How can Chained Products help sell product bundles?
Chained Products is the best WooCommerce extension to create pre-configured product bundles and offers. When someone buys your main product, they get all the “chained” products automatically. You can create a bundle of multiple simple or variable products and chain as many products together as you like. Or give additional products for free (as a gift) while purchasing the main product. You can even combine multiple chained products to create massive combo deals.
5 Steps to Creating Chained Products
- Select the products you want to bundle together – higher quantities or multiple products
- Discount the bundle – simple mental math should prove this is an irresistible offer.
- Describe the value – of buying this combo; the benefits customers will derive from it.
- Prominently showcase your bundle – and invite people to buy the bundle instead of a single product.
- Create scarcity for extra impact – time, inventory, or usage limit works great.
Why do Chained Products give stellar results?
There is certainly the “more bang for the buck” aspect. But chained product bundles also provide “works great with” and “get add ons for free with the main product” cross-sell opportunities. They trigger fundamental human behavior to select an item with a higher perceived value. Plus: Chained Products works great because it lets you create pre-configured product bundles and gifts. Customers don’t get confused picking options and focus their attention on the value a bundle generates for them. This improves conversion rates and greatly increases overall sales.
How do Chained Products handle product bundling/gifting?
- Edit a product and go to the “Linked Products” tab.
- Link as many products as you want to create a bundle. You can pick up variations and even select quantities.
- This way, you can create bundles, as well as bulk discount offers – “Buy One Get One” / “Buy 1 Get X” / “Buy X For $$.”
- Now set up a price for your main product. This is the price customers pay to get the whole pack.
- When people add the main product to the cart, the cart will show the main product and all linked products. But only the main product will have a price. Rest items will show “$0” as their price.
- When an order is paid, Chained Products also manmanages inventory and grantsownloads.
Smart Strategies for Customer Value Optimization using Chained Products WooCommerce plugin
Increase Perceived Value with multi-product bundles Combine a few high-value, relevant products and sell them at a big discount. 15-20% works well for physical products. Go 35% for digital downloads. Create Unmissable bargains with higher quantities Encourage people to buy more. Create a bundle of 5 quantities of an item at a great bargain. Your customers will surely grab them all! “Consider upgrading to the bundle / higher plan” tactic Create a bundle of smaller but beneficial products for someone who’s buying your main product. Or a higher-priced bundle that includes a “pro” version of this product with some additional goodies. Upsell a highly profitable product on My Account Create a chained product bundle of high-profit items and show them on the My Account page with the chained product shortcode. This is a superb upsell. Invoke reciprocity by throwing in an unexpected gift. Don’t tell people you’d give them something extra, but go ahead and give them an unexpected gift on product purchase. Then follow it up with another bundle/offer. The surprise will create reciprocity and prompt them to return the “favor”! Create a graphic for the bundle and show it prominently. A graphical representation of “so many things you get in this combo” creates a much better sensory appeal. Make sure to position this graphic at strategic locations in the funnel to increase conversions.