W3 Total Cache Pro WordPress Plugin
W3 Total Cache Pro builds upon the Community (free) version of W3 Total Cache and adds features that will be interesting to any publisher who’s serious about running a successful website.
Upgrading to Pro not only unlocks the features below but puts you on the upgrade path for additional features that we’re excited to share in the near future.
W3 Total Cache Pro Plugin Features
Fragment Caching: Social layer, personalization, and e-commerce, etc are common elements of highly dynamic websites. That means that caching entire pages to improve user experience and performance is not a solution. Fragment Caching bridges the gap between no caching at all and the “ideal,” full-page caching. By extending the WordPress Transient API, W3TC allows developers to bring both horizontal and vertical scale to bear without doing anything differently.
Extension Framework: As mentioned above, extensions/add-ons represent a great opportunity to both de-bloat projects that solve many problems or address many use cases. It also allows for innovation as 3rd parties can make contributions without having to be a core project developer to contribute or solve their problems while maintaining the control they need. We’re excited for you to try this first iteration of our extension framework, and documentation can be found (for now) inside the plugin’s FAQ.
Changelog W3 Total Cache Pro v2.2.1 – WordPress Plugin
- Fix: Cloudflare: Removed use of the retired ip_lkup V1 endpoint
- Fix: Prevent an error in some environments using non-direct filesystems
- Fix: Added better checking for some filesystem actions
Changelog W3 Total Cache Pro v2.1.8 – WordPress Plugin
- Fix: Cloudflare Dashboard Widget: Updated to use GraphQL
- Fix: Cloudflare Dashboard Widget: Use WordPress timezone
- Fix: CDN: Execute purge only if hosting is enabled, to prevent unneeded delays
Changelog W3 Total Cache Pro v2.1.6 WordPress Plugin
- Update: Remove robots.txt cache toggle setting
- Enhancement: Enhancement: Improve 404 detection
- Enhancement: Improved compatibility check indicators
- Enhancement: AWS CloudFront: Faster cache invalidation using async