Media Grid – WordPress Responsive Portfolio
Media Grid is a unique plugin to create unlimited responsive, filterable and paginated portfolios with ease, taking advantage of the masonry engine.
Using advanced techniques allows you to create your own layouts mixing up any media type dynamically or manually: adapting to any container!
- Unlimited layout-free portfolios (freely shape up items to build grids)
- Visual, drag&drop, grid builder with mobile mode
- Dynamic grids, repeating your base layouts, and optionally shuffling elements
- Create grids using any public post on your website and mixing them with Media Grid items
- The 1-click grid cloning system
- 6 pagination systems to choose from (included infinite-scroll and numbered buttons)
- Complete SEO deep linking system: tracking lightbox, filters, search, and pagination (tracking browser history change)
- 100% CSS-based items shaping (superfast)
- Complete items type choice with full media support:
- single pictures
- images slider with video support
- Inline image slider
- Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, self-hosted videos (lightbox and inline)
- Soundcloud and self-hosted audio (lightbox and inline)
- Inline text with video background ability
- Lightbox with custom contents
- Post contents – fetching from posts or custom post types
- Items filtering system (optionally searches through pages)
- Default grid filter – shortcode parameter
- 675 icons to beautify filters and customize items overlay
- In-grid items searching with custom tags support (optionally searches through pages)
- Filters and search positionable on grid’s top left or right side
- Animated GIFs support
- Revolutionary AJAX lightbox, supporting HTML and shortcodes
- 5 lightbox content layouts
- 6 lightbox command styles
- 3 lightbox entrance/sliding effects
- Unlimited contents length without page’s loading affection
- Contents to text – height matching option
- Image zoom system (for single image item type)
- Modal mode
- Unlimited item custom attributes with optional icon association
- Proper social sharing using item’s data (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+)
- 16 modern loaders to choose from
- Optional Ken Burns effect for items and featured lightbox images
- Handy shortcode wizard
- Elementor, Visual Composer, and Cornerstone native integration
- Shortcode option to move items title under the image (attached or detached)
- Full colors, margins, borders, font size, and font-family control
- Shortcode commands to override pagination system and grid aspect
- 1-click immediate setup with 10 preset styles
- Fully responsive, it adapts itself to any container
- Items XML sitemap to push item contents and images on search engine
- WooCommerce integration with optional “add-to-cart” button supporting quantity and variable products
- Optional Disqus or Facebook Comments integration in lightbox
- 100% multilanguage with WPML certification and Polylang support
- Images “right-click” protection
Simply the fastest and best way to get started, always up to date.
Responsive portfolios with unique layouts
Unique means not repeatable by any tool: forget about fixed rows or schemes; your creativity can be fully exploited here.
Worried about the representation of your setup on small screens? A smart system swaps automatically to a simpler and mobile optimized mode: lighter images, touch-proof sizes, and dynamic control on overlay elements. Everything will always be displayed perfectly.
Finally, the plugin integrates each item with the most popular social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+), giving a better sharing system focused on real item content!
Visual grid builder
Everything gravitates around the visual grid’s builder: the real plugin’s core, where you can create your amazing layouts.
Choose among a wide size variety to shape your portfolios: it shows your changes in real-time, representing a real advantage in the projecting phase!
- MANUAL MODE: the classical way has become famous in these years—complete freedom and control over elements composing the grid and its layout.
- DYNAMIC MODE: even the biggest grid requires minutes. Create the base layout, select which elements have to fill blocks, and then tune how Media Grid handles them: repeated structures, pagination, shuffled items. Few clicks to have astonishing results.
Full media support
Media Grid is extremely versatile and features 10 different item types to compose your portfolio:
- Simple static image without a lightbox
- The classic single image
- Fully responsive images slider with captions and video support
- Inline slider, perfectly integrated into a grid sizing system
- Audio player supporting single song or tracklist + SoundCloud
- Inline Audio player, having the same features
- Youtube/Vimeo/Dailymotion or also self-hosted video
- Inline video, bringing same features in the grid context
- Linked tile, redirecting users with advanced controls
- Post contents, dynamically fetching contents from a post type
- Custom content, a blank space ready to be filled with your contents
- Inline text, supporting shortcodes, HTML and video background
And, of course, the “spacer” item to help you creating awesome layouts.
Each one having its custom options to be shown as you need. For example, the Ken Burns effect in grid or a lightbox or the image zoom for a single image.
Use your posts!
Do you already have a lot of content and don’t want to lose time creating items?
You can compose grids also with them!
Media Grid supports any public post type (e.g., posts or WooCommerce products) ready to be included from visual grid builder. They will be displayed as “single image” items, with an associated lightbox and a direct link to their original page.
Plus, every post can be tuned through several options, as you do with Media Grid items. It can also be associated with grid categories to be filtered!
CSS3 Lightbox and SEO deeplinking system
Many things are hidden under Media Grid lightbox: it is completely managed by lightweight CSS code and optimized to let search engines find content with ease.
The best way to keep everything fast and clean is to use AJAX calls, but normally it is against best SEO practices. Media Grid goes beyond this, using HTML5 functions to create true URLs for each element: lightbox, filters, pagination, and even item searches. Everything automatically, without any additional plugin!
But there’s more: Media grid also offers a special XML file to be used in specific SEO systems such as Google Webmaster Tools. Containing item links and associated featured images to push contents indexing as fast as possible!
One of the most important things in a portfolio is to display clearly items characteristics. They could refer to the author of a photo or display the track’s album or release date.
With Media Grid, you can create unlimited item attributes, with related icons, for each item type. Sort them and use only the ones needed!
1 Click fast setup
Are you not familiar with web sizes, margins, or colors? Don’t have time to manage each plugin setting?
No problem, the plugin is ready to be used out of the box and has 10 preset styles you can enable just with one click! Just choose what you like the most from the wizard and let Media Grid do the rest.
Once set, the style can be customized in any aspect: maximum simplicity and flexibility!
SEO Pagination system
Media Grid offers 6 different pagination solutions: from simple arrows to numbered buttons to infinite scroll! But why is it an “SEO-friendly” pagination?
Item details are all loaded on the page, but only search engines will be able to index your awesome items completely. A deep linking system also tracks pagination so that you can share a specific grid page.
Seamlessly integrated, Media Grid is a perfect solution also to create WooCommerce products showcases.
No complex processes: everything will be managed as a native item, supporting single/multi-image products. As native items, they can be customized and mixed to other item types with no change to the WooCommerce core.
Also, product attributes and ratings are fetched and perfectly integrated into plugin systems. Finally, the Media Grid lightbox features a smart “add-to-cart” button!
Once you’ve created grids, using them in your website simply uses the handy shortcode wizard located on top of any WordPress editor.
Choose the grid, the pagination system, display filters, their position, and choose whether to use the items search system.
You can even decide to hide the “All” filter or to select a default filter that will be applied on the grid’s loading.
Move item texts under the featured image in two modes: attached or detached from item.
Finally, you can override global grid styling: setting custom margins, borders, and border-radius on the fly!
Engage visitors and know what they think about your products!
Thanks to its deeplinking engine, Media Grid integrates with probably the best social tools to get and manage comments seamlessly.
Obviously this feature is totally optional; you can also disable comments for specific items.
Items search system
You can easily find items with the integrated searching system: it is based on items title and works in real-time, without delays!
Are titles too limited? Use the search helper in the items editor to add indexed words and add a semantic touch to searches!
“guitar play concert event” words have been used for the “SoundCloud track” item in the main demo: give a try!
Optionally searches and filters are also performed through pages.
WP builders integration
Stop wondering what hides behind complex shortcodes and start using real-time previews!
They are the state-of-the-art of modern WordPress page building, speeding up development.
The plugin natively integrates with Elementor, Visual Composer and Cornerstone, to give you the best user experience available today on WordPress.
Media Grid is also completely translatable on both front and back ends. You will be able to localize it just by creating your .po file using WPML or Polylang.
Yes, it also has the WPML multilingual certification and has been tested to work seamlessly with it!
As per LCweb’s philosophy, the plugin’s strong point is customizability. Every aspect of grid items and lightbox can be changed to match the look and feel you need!
Unlimited colors, margins, paddings, borders, sharing icons styles, filters position, and colors. Four item’s navigation styles, six lightbox navigation styles, five lightbox content layouts, three lightbox entrance/sliding effects, 16 CSS3 loaders, full typography control: are only a bit of what you can manage. Everything easily, with few clicks.
Please note that, obviously, the plugin requires a responsive theme to have a responsive behavior.