Gravity Forms Chained Selects Add-On
Adds the powerful Chained Selects field type, allowing you to chain multiple Drop-Downs together (e.g., Make, Model, Year).
The Chained Selects field is available when using the Chained Selects add-on. This field will allow you to create various select fields that will dynamically change based on the previous selection.
- Field Label Labels the field for the user filling it out in the front-end and easier identification within Gravity Forms admin settings.
- Description Describe the user that provides more information on what is expected in this field.
- Import Choices This field setting defines what options are available within the chained selects and accepts a CSV file. For information on the CSV file that should be used here, see Creating Chained Selects.
- Required Makes the field required to complete the form submission.
- No Duplicates Select this option to limit user input to unique values only. This will require that a value entered in a field does not currently exist in the entry database for that field.
- Description Placement Overrides the default placement of the field description, allowing you to place the description either above or below the field.
- Sub-Label Placement Select the sub-label placement. Sub-labels can be placed above the field inputs or below the field inputs.
- Custom Validation Message Overrides the default message displayed when there is an error with the field input.
- Custom CSS Class If you want to override the default styles, enter your custom CSS class here.
- Drop Down Alignment Sets the alignment of how the chained selects will be displayed (horizontally or vertically).
- Drop Down Display Allows the hiding of inactive dropdowns. If this option is enabled, dropdowns in subsequent steps will only be shown if the prior step has been selected.
- Admin Field Label Within this option, you can set a custom label for the field that will only be shown within administration screens.
- Visibility Determines who can see the field.
- Allow fields to be populated dynamically. This option allows you to dynamically populate the field based on another field or URL query strings.
- Enable Conditional Logic Enables conditional logic to show or hide the field based on defined conditions.
- The first of these merge tag parameters is optional and is simply the field name for easier identification.
- The second parameter defines the field ID within the form. In the example above, it would be field ID 2.
- A specific option within the field can be accessed by separating the values with a period. For example, 2.3 would be the value of the 3rd choice from field ID 2.
This field does not have any modifiers.