CSSIgniter – HotelMotel WordPress Theme
Normal WordPress functionality. Writing normal posts, will be displayed blog style as usual. In case you have created a front page, you will need to create also a blog page where your posts will be displayed (see Front Page template with Slider below).
This feature applies to the home page and the slider shortcode. Please see section Front Page template with Slider for more information.
Your theme comes with a beautiful slider on the front page. To assign images to it, you need to create Slider Items. Each slider item represents one image in your slider, and gives you the opportunity to have it linked wherever you want.
To create a new slider item, go to Slider Items → New Slider Item, give it a title and set a Featured Image. That image will be displayed on the slider.
When the slider item gets clicked, you get redirected to a page-like page where the main content of the slider item is displayed. You may optionally add a URL to redirect to in the Slider Details box, just below the main content editor.
There is no hotel/motel without rooms. From plain rooms, to themed rooms, to luxury rooms, to presidential suites. You need to show what your rooms look like, what their histories are and what amenities they provide. That’s why you should create a Room post for each room category you have. From your admin panel, go to Rooms → New room and start writing what make this room unique. Once you’ve done that, upload one or more high quality photographs and set one to be the Featured Image. Next, go to the Room Details box and write the amenities that the room provides. You know, TV, WiFi, Minibar, etc. Press Add Field to write one more. And one more. And one more. Oh, you should have written “View on the Ocean” first? No problem, just drag it to the top.
Don’t forget to show the room to your visitor, by using the -=CI Room=- widget, or the Rooms listing templates.
In the exact same way you can create photo galleries. Once you have created some photo galleries, create a page and select the Gallery listing template, and from the “Gallery Listing Options” select the number of columns you want.
An integral part of the theme, is the ability for your users to be able to contact you inquiring availability information. For that reason, we have created two very special booking/contact forms. First, on every page/post/room and also in your front page, you will find a gorgeous form that allows the visitor to quickly select check-in and check-out dates, and number of people. This form is included automatically. Once you hit the Check Availability button, you will be redirected to the second form, which includes the same information, along with personal info (name, email) and an area for comments. Once you hit the Send button, you will get an email with the details entered.
As mentioned above, the first -horizontal- form is shown automatically. You need to do two thing to get the second form to work:
- Create a page, name it “Booking form” or something similar, and assign it the Booking form template from the Page Attributes box. You can write some content if you want as well, such as your contact information, and it will appear on top of the contact form.
- From Appearance → CSSIgniter Settings, under the Contact Options find Select the Booking Form page and select the page you’ve just created. Hit Save Changes and you’re all set.
Contact page template
A simple contact template with a map. Please go to Appearance > CSSIgniter Settings > Contact Options to manage your map. HotelMotel uses the Contact Form 7 plugin for the contact form functionality.
Rooms Listing Page Template
You can (and should) have a page that lists your rooms. All you need to do is to create a new page, name it “Rooms” or something similar, and assign the Rooms listing template from the Page Attributes box. Note that you may create multiple room listing pages, each displayed a different set of room. This is achieved by previously assigning your rooms into Room Categories. Assuming you have room categories available, you may select one from the Room Listing Options box, as well as the number of columns you want your grid of rooms to span.
Galleries Listing Page Template
You can (and should) have a page that lists your galleries. All you need to do is to create a new page, name it “Galleries” or something similar, and assign the Galleries listing template from the Page Attributes box.
Front Page template with Slider
To set-up a front page, you need to create two pages. Name the first one “Blog“. Name the second one “Front Page” or something similar, and from the Page Attributes box assign it the Homepage template. Next, go to Settings → Reading, on the Front page displays select A static page and on the following two drop-downs select first your Front Page and then your Blog page. Save your changes.
Full Width Page template
You may have any page displaying full-width, without a sidebar. All you need is to assign the Full Width, No Sidebar template from the Page Attributes box.
For the full shortcode list bundled with the theme and how to use them please refer to this page: https://www.cssigniter.com/preview/hotelmotel/shortcodes/
This theme supports custom menus. There are two menu locations defined, Main Menu and Footer menu.
Our custom options panel can be found under Appearance → CSSIgniter Settings. Let’s have a look at each tab’s options:
From this tab you can set your site’s properties.
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. You need to upload it to the correct size. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Site layout: Allows you to set whether your sidebar will be shown on the left or the right.
- Upload favvicon: Allows you to upload a traditional favicon and touch favicons for mobile devices.
- Download sample content: Allows you to download an XML file containing sample content, which you can unzip and import.
Home Page Options
From this tab you set the properties of the home page.
- Featured Room title: Controls the title of the front page template section that displays featured rooms.
- Amenities: Allows you to set the title and the amenities themselves for the front page. You may add and remove as many fields as you want, and you may rearrange them by drag-and-drop.
- Slider Options: Allows you to fine-tune the home page slider.
Various options that affect what your website displays.
- Left/Right header text: Allows you to set the text that is shown on the left and right of the expandable header’s pointer symbol.
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be, and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- SEO options: Allows you to set some elementary SEO options when no SEO plugin is found.
- Comments options: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled, as well as disable comments for pages, globally.
- Internal slider options: Allows you to fine-tune the internal page sliders, such as on rooms and galleries.
- Featured Image options: Allows you to enable/disable featured images for specific post types, as well as set their size and alignment.
- Color scheme: Allows you to set the color scheme that the whole website will use. You can override this in individual posts/pages.
- Disable custom background: Unchecking this, presents you with a list of options that allow you to override the template’s background settings and set yours as needed. If don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the checkbox.